Today, the use of plasma cutters has spread far and wide. So much so that the cutters have become an indispensable component of the industry, workers and homeowners alike.
Who Can Use Plasma Cutters?
- Car Manufacturers and Auto Shops: Plasma cutters are used by custom auto shops as well as car manufacturers to create and convert frames and chassis of automobiles.
- Construction Companies: Plasma cutters play a very important role in the construction industry, where they are used in huge projects to cut and fabricate beams or metal sheet items. Construction using metal and metal blocks has become much simpler and by using plasma cutters, detailed metal work has also become a possibility.
- Metal Sculptors: Artists too make use of plasma cutters. These cutters are being commonly used by metal sculptors to make precise cuts in all kinds of metals. Plasma cutters give great flexibility and provide a range of colours and textures and allow the creation of intricate shapes and designs. You can even cut thin metals and also cut along fine lines as the plasma cutter does not allow the heat to warp the thin metal. You can also use plasma cutters to create stencils and templates for artistic applications.
- Maintenance Workers and Contractors: Portable plasma cutters are indeed a boon to maintenance workers and contractors as they can be carried to the work-site thereby saving time and cost, not to mention the ease of operation. Plasma cutters help plumbers to cut smooth edges in pipes so that they can fit properly. Contractors can make installations and repairs on the field without having to come back to the workshop to cut up new metal pieces required for their work.
- Fabricators: The use of plasma cutters in fabrication has grown as it can be used for many purposes, including installation of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing and refrigeration systems. It can also be used to demolish old industrial wash systems, creating new ones and also in repairing excavator booms.
- Locksmiths: Plasma cutters can be used by locksmiths to drill into vaults and safes when the owners have been locked out.
- Metal Repairs: Broken or bad welds can be cut away using plasma cutters. Farmers can also use plasma cutters for repairing their equipment, harvesters, tractors, trucks, etc.
- Recycling and Demolition: During building demolition, plasma cutters can be used to remove metal sheets, blocks and pipes very easily. Scrap dealers and recyclers also find the use of plasma cutters very beneficial.
- Other Uses: Motorcycle builders and homeowners can use plasma cutters for making enhancements in their bikes and homes, to fix chain link fences, lawn mowers, barbecues, etc.
Plasma cutters have indeed many varied applications and provide effective means of cutting both thick and thin materials. The versatility of plasma cutter applications has made it a very invaluable and essential tool in our lives.