CNC plasma cutting has been one of the most popular metal cutting processes that have been used widely in the construction and manufacturing industries. The recent technological advances and innovations have also brought about a sea change in plasma cutting technology and have resulted in the genesis of a superior cutting technology.
Some of the Advantages of Plasma Cutting Are
- Increased Speeds of Cutting: Plasma cutting is very fast when compared to some of the other methods of metal cutting such as oxyfuel cutting. Achieving more cutting in lesser time results in increased productivity and improved operations.
- Excellent Precision: CNC plasma cutting can give you excellent and accurate cutting results. With plasma cutting, you can achieve high quality, accurate cuts that meet the most stringent tolerances.
- Efficiency: Plasma cutting is very fast, easy to achieve, cost effective and accurate too. A plasma cutter can pierce and cut metals and alloys very fast which makes it amongst the quickest and most efficient metal cutting methods.
- Versatility of the Cutting Process: Using a plasma cutter, you can cut any kind of electrically conductive material. You can cut various kinds of metal including copper, stainless steel, aluminium, etc. of varying thicknesses. Plasma cutters can cut a stack of multiple plates very easily.
- Reduced Dross: Since plasma cutting uses electrically charged, high temperature gas which melts the metal and blows it away from the cut, minimal dross is left behind. The plasma cutting process itself removes the excess metal so chiselling, grinding or finishing is minimal or not required.
- Increased Speed of Inside Piercing: Many metal cutting applications require inside piercing. Plasma can pierce a ½ inch metal piece in two seconds, which is quite fast and increases the shop productivity substantially.
- Plate Warping Eliminated: The fast cutting speed of plasma reduces the amount of heat transferred to the metal quite significantly. This helps to avoid plate warping of thin materials due to the heat.
Plasma cutting technology has become quite sophisticated over the years and can now deliver increased efficiency that can result in cost savings for the company. Buying a plasma cutting machine for your business can be quite a difficult decision especially when you are faced with so many choices.
The success of your business depends on high cut quality, efficient speeds, reduced rework and defects, increased productivity and hence, increased profitability. You must consider all the benefits that a plasma cutting system can offer to your metal cutting business before making this vital investment decision.